The programme is aimed at preparing students to meet the demands and challenges in the teaching profession in the education or commercial sectors. It is designed for non-graduate teachers, school-leavers, and those interested in joining the teaching profession to be better equipped with a solid command of the knowledge and communication skills required for an educator.
Graduates will not only be equipped with practical knowledge and hands-on experience needed for language teaching but also professional attitudes, good ethics and learning qualities.
This program is offered for refugees in Middle east
Accredited by Malaysian Qualifications Agency
4 to 5 years (12 semesters to 15 semesters)
38 Subjects + Practicum
Once a month – weekends, with 3 meetings per subject (total of 10 hours per subject)
Final Exam 40%
Program official page:
- The programme is approved by the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education and accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
- Interactive learning activities, assignments, online discussion.
- Easy access to myPLS anytime, anywhere any devices.
- Access to the physical and digital library comprising of around 190,000 e- books, 95,000 e-journals, and 2.4 million e-theses titles accessible anywhere anytime.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding in teaching the English language as a second language.
- Demonstrate knowledge and practical skills in curriculum and instructional planning, assessment and using technologies and media for teaching and learning the English language.
- Exhibit good interpersonal and communication skills including both written and verbal abilities relevant to the teaching of English in the classroom.
- Apply the scientific method, higher order critical thinking and problem-solving skills in teaching the English language.
- Apply ethics and moral values in teaching while taking into account the diversity of students’ backgrounds and English language proficiency.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurship and management skills related to the English language.
- Apply research skills towards improving the English language classroom practices.
- Practice information seeking and lifelong learning skills
- Philosophy of Education
- Developing the Curriculum
- Enhancing Teacher Professionalism
- Children with Special Needs
- Instructional Technology & Learning Resources
- Evaluation & Testing in the Classroom
- Educational Psychology
- Co-curricular Activities
- Counselling in Schools
- Pedagogical Models & Strategies
- Schools & Society
- Child Growth & Development
- Linguistics for Language Teachers
- Fundamentals of English Grammar
- Sociolinguistics in Second Language Teaching
- Psycholinguistics in Second Language Teaching
- Reading in the Second Language Context
- Writing in the Second Language Context
- Teaching Reading in the Second Language Classroom
- Teaching Grammar in the Second Language Classroom
- Teaching Writing in the Second Language Classroom
- Teaching English as a Second Language Methodology
- Teaching Listening & Speaking Skills in the Second Language Classroom
- Computers in the Second Language Classroom
- Language Testing & Evaluation
- Teaching Literature in a Second Language Context
- Research in the classroom I
- Research in the classroom II
- Introduction to Moral Education
- Teaching Methods & Strategies in Moral Education
- Assessment in Moral Education
- Issues and Trends in Moral Education
Literature in TESL:
- Drama & Poetry in English
- Short Stories & Novels in English
- Teaching Short Stories & Novels in a Second Language Context
- Teaching Drama & Poetry in a Second Language Context
University Compulsory Subjects
- Information Literacy and Research Skills
- Entrepreneurship in Asia
- Asian Studies
- STPM / ‘A’ Level or equivalent qualifications with at least Grade C (CGPA 2.0) in two (2) subjects; OR
- STAM (Grade Jayyid); OR
- UEC with at least Grade B in five (5) subjects; OR
- A Matriculation / Foundation Programme from any IPTA / IPTS / Institution authorised to offer foundation programs with CGPA 2.00; OR
- A Diploma with at least CGPA of 2.00; OR
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications.
Minimum English Language Requirements:
- Minimum score of 5.0 for IELTS; OR
- Minimum score of TOEFL PBT 410-433 / TOEEFL IBT 34-40; OR
- Pearson Test of English PTE 36; OR
- Cambridge English: Advance (CAE) 160; OR
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE) 180; OR
- Malaysia University English Test (MUET Band 3).
*The above entry requirements serve as a guideline. Applicants are responsible to verify the requirements by contacting the University’s Admission Unit.
Roshd offers a scholarship in this program for refugees in Middle east
Program’s Fees after scholarship: 4000 $