It primarily focusses on theories and methodologies related to research and practice, breadth and depth of study, processes as well as best-practices in business management environments. Students of this programme will develop business acumens while at the same time, enhance their overall management capabilities.
This programme seeks to admit business leaders, senior management and rising managers who are motivated to go through formal doctoral training to solve the business problems of their organizations. Experienced practitioners could also choose to make a switch to academia or take up affiliate faculty positions at academic institutions.
This program is offered for refugees in Middle east
Accredited by Malaysian Qualifications Agency
3-4 years (9-12 semesters)
Frequency of Research Workshops / Colloquia (Optional):
Once a month
- Saturday & Sunday
Program Official Page:
- Internationally benched marked, approved by the Ministry of Education and accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
- Supported with research workshops, research colloquia and research clinics.
- Curriculum that applies cutting-edge research to practical problems in business and management.
- Modular type of delivery for the taught courses.
- Access to the physical and digital library comprising of around 190,000 e-books, 95,000 e-journals, and 2.4 million e-theses titles accessible anywhere anytime..
- Viva Voce for international students can be done on-campus or off- campus via video conferencing.
At the end of the programme, students are able:
- Demonstrate managerial and leadership qualities by communicating and working effectively
- Demonstrate mastery of qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Interpret research findings and recommend solutions using scientific and critical thinking skills
- Refine theories and concepts in decision making process in the business environment
- Critique theories and concepts in business
- Design appropriate research methods
- Conduct research with minimal supervision and adhere to legal, ethical and professional practices
- Managerial Leadership in Asia
- Accounting and Finance for Decision Making
- Business Strategy and Policy
- International Business
- Marketing and Global Business
- New Business Venture
- Research Methods for Business
Semester 1: Research Methods for Business, Marketing & Global Business, Business Strategy & Policy
Semester 2: International Business, Accounting & Finance Decision
Semester 3: New Business Venture,
Managerial Leadership in Asia
Total Credits: 28 credits
Research Proposal and Proposal defence
Total Credits: 10 credits
Data Collection, Research Colloquium & Dissertation Writing, Viva Voce
Total Credits: 42 credits
Overall 3 Years Total Credits: 80 credits
- Possess a recognised Master’s degree; OR
- Other recognised equivalent qualification
- A statement of research intent, describing what you have already done and what you hope to accomplish in your doctoral research
- A curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
Minimum English Language Requirements :
- Minimum score of 6.0 for IELTS; OR
- Other recognised equivalent qualification.
- Those who have their tertiary education in English will normally be exempted from the above requirement.
*Any of the above conditions would require student’s research proposal to be approved.
* The above entry requirements serve as a guideline. Applicants are responsible to verify the requirements by contacting the university’s Admission Unit.
Roshd offers a scholarship in this program for refugees in Middle east
Program’s Fees after scholarship: 6000 $