In line with the current shift of knowledge-based economy, the programme is specially made to produce graduates with wide education knowledge and skills to function as effective educators trainers in educational and commercial sectors.
In this programme, students will be equipped with theoretical perspective of educational practices in various areas of specialisation.
Accredited by Malaysian Qualifications Agency
1 years and 8 months to 2 years (5 to 6 semesters)
Frequency of Tutorials:
Once a month
- Saturday & Sunday (3 Tutorials Per Subject)
- The programme is internationally benchmarked, approved by the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education and accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)
- Especially suited for teachers, school principals, college lecturers and other education personnel who wish to equip themselves with up-to-date knowledge and specialised skills for continuous personal improvement in education line.
- Interactive learning activities.
- Easy access to myPLS anytime, anywhere through any computers / tablets / mobile devices.
- Access to the physical and digital library comprising of around 190,000 e- books, 95,000 e-journals, and 2.4 million e-theses titles accessible anywhere anytime.
At the end of the programme, students are able to:
- Identify the characteristics of educational research
- Differentiate between the types of experimental designs
- Identify the steps involved in survey research methodology
- Apply the techniques of quantitative data analysis
- Critique research in education and write a review of literature
- Research Methods in Education
- Statistics in Education
- Qualitative Research Methods in Education
- Philosophy & Sociology of Education
- Learning and Cognition
- Educational Assessment
- Curriculum Design and Development
- Models of Instruction
- Fundamentals of Instructional Technology
Choose one (1) only
Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL)
- Teaching Literature in English as a Second Language
- Issues and Methods in Teaching English as a Second Language
- Project Paper in Teaching English as a Second Language
Early Childhood Education
- Introduction to Early Childhood Education
- Curriculum & Instruction in the Early Years
- Project Paper in Early Childhood Education
- Brain, Cognition and Education
- Lifespan Development
- Project Paper in Educational Psychology
- Web-Based Learning
- Principles of Instructional Design
- Project Paper in Instructional Technology
- Concepts & Theories in Educational Management
- Emerging Perspectives in Educational Leadership
- Project Paper in Educational Management
- Trends in the Teaching & Learning of Science
- Science, Technology & Society
- Project Paper in Science Education
Educational Assessment & Evaluation
- Testing & Measurement
- Programme Evaluation in Education
- Project Paper in Educational Assessment and Evaluation
Curriculum & Instruction
- School Curriculum
- Curriculum of the Future
- Project Paper in Curriculum & Instruction
- Curriculum & Assessment In Mathematics
- Trends & Issues in Mathematics Education
- Project Paper in Mathematics Education
Teaching Bahasa Malaysia
- Trends & Issues in Teaching Bahasa Malaysia
- Literatures in Teaching Bahasa Malaysia
- Project Paper in Teaching Bahasa Malaysia.
- Possess a recognised Bachelor’s degree; OR
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualifications with CGPA below 2.50 can be accepted subject to a minimum five (5) years working experience in related fields
Minimum English Language Requirements :
- Minimum score of 5.0 for IELTS; OR
- Minimum score for TOEFL PBT 410-433 / TOEFL 34-40; OR
- Pearson Test of English PTE 36; OR
- Cambridge English: Advance (CAE) 160; OR
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE) 180; OR
- Malaysian University English Test (MUET Band 3).
- Those who have their tertiary education in English will normally be exempted from the above requirement.
*The above entry requirements serve as a guideline. Applicants are responsible to verify the requirements by contacting the University’s Admission Unit.