Professional and mature working adults can exploit this opportunity to do independent research and complete the degree requirements at one’s own pace with supervisory assistance.
This programme will equip students with practical competence in a range of quantitative and qualitative research while offering an in-depth understanding of current issues in management.
This program is offered for refugees in Middle east
Accredited by Malaysian Qualifications Agency
2 years (6 semesters)
Once a month
- Saturday & Sunday
Program Official Page:
- Internationally benched marked, approved by the Ministry of Education and accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency
- Interactive learning activities, assignments, online discussions.
- Easy access to myPLS anytime, anywhere through any computers/tablet/ mobile devices.
- Access to the physical and digital library comprising of 190,000 e-books, 95,000 e-journals, and 2.4 million e-theses titles.
At the end of the programme, students are able to:
- Provide the opportunity for students to engage in academic research that enables them to acquire skills in problem solving, systematic analysis, communication and collaboration.
- Broaden the knowledge and expertise of students in areas of selected research.
- Enhance the capability of students to develop innovative solutions for career development and growth.
- Enhance human interactions and business communication skills.
- Project Management
- Research Methodology
- Quantitative Data Analysis
- Qualitative Data Analysis
Stage 1 : Proposal Development
Stage 2 : Data Collection
Stage 3 : Report Writing
Stage 4 : Thesis Examination / Viva Voce
Required Skills for Master Students by Research
Be independent: This is a learner-centred Master’s programme that requires students to conduct their research independently, with approved supervisory assistance as needed and in compliance with university’s stipulated guidelines to complete all required phases/stages.
Be tenacious:This research based thesis may take up to 2 years, but students must be committed to complete the programme within stipulated time without penalty.
Be effective in time management: Students need to prioritise and manage tasks effectively to ensure completion of one task before moving on to the next. Goal-focus and consistency are essential to achieving commitment-success.
Adapt to challenges: Invariably, students may face obstacles and challenges in completing their research, but they must be flexible and resolute to overcome difficulties immediately.
Communicate effectively: To earn recognition as a serious master student and a researcher, students must be confident in delivering the Research Proposal Defense, Viva Voce and completed thesis on time and effectively.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business-related fields with a CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent qualification
- A Bachelor’s degree in business-related fields (with a CGPA of 2.5 can be accepted, subject to a strict internal assessment process (may include tests, interviews or portfolio); OR
- A Bachelor’s degree in business-related fields but did not reach CGPA 2.50 can be accepted, subject to a minimum five (5) years working experience in related fields.
- A research intent is required at the point of entry.
Minimum English Language Requirements for International Students:
- Minimum score of 6.0 for IELTS; OR
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications.
- Those who have their tertiary education in English will normally be exempted from the above requirement.
* The above entry requirements serve as a guideline. Applicants are responsible to verify the requirements by contacting the University’s Admission Unit
Roshd offers a scholarship in this program for refugees in Middle east
Program’s Fees after scholarship: 3000 $