Accredited by Malaysian Qualifications Agency
4 years (12 semesters)
Frequency of Research Workshops / Colloquia (Optional):
Once a month
- Saturday & Sunday
Program Official Page:
- Internationally benched marked, approved by the Ministry of Education and accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
- Supported with research workshops, research colloquia and research clinics.
- Access to the physical and digital library comprising of around 190,000 e-books, 95,000 e-journals, and 2.4 million e-theses titles accessible anywhere anytime..
- No proposal is needed at the point of entry. Only brief research intent.
- Viva Voce for international students can be done on-campus or off-campus via video conferencing.
- Transfer of candidature is possible, if compliant-requirements are fulfilled.
- Provide opportunities for students to engage in academic research, which will provide them skills in problem solving, systematic analysis, communication and collaboration.
- Encourage students to be original, independent and critical thinkers, with the ability to develop theoretical concepts.
- Enhance students’ capabilities in providing innovative solutions to issues faced in career development and growth.
- Encourage students to demonstrate awareness of issues and recent advances in chosen fields.
Stage 1 : Proposal Development
Stage 2 : Data Collection
Stage 3 : Report Writing
Stage 4 : Thesis Examination / Viva
- Religious History
- Religious Studies
- Study of Different Religions
- Study of Sacred Books
- Creative Writing
- Sign Language
History & Archaeology
- Comparative Literature
- Cultural History
- History & Philosophy of Science & Technology
- History of Science & Ideas
- Literature History
- Medieval Renaissance Studies
Philosophy & Ethics
- Research Methodology
- Quantitative Data Analysis
- Qualitative Data Analysis
- Possess a recognised Master’s degree; OR
- Other recognised equivalent qualification.
- A statement of research intent, describing what you have already done and what you hope to accomplish in your doctoral research
- A curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
Minimum English Language Requirements :
- Minimum score of 6.0 for IELTS; OR
- Minimum score 600 for TOEFL; OR
- Other recognised equivalent qualification
- Those who have their tertiary education in English will normally be exempted from the above requirement.
*Any of the above conditions would require student’s research proposal to be approved.
* The above entry requirement serve as a guideline. Applicants are responsible to verify the requirements by contacting the University’s Admission Unit.